Upcoming Event: The ACLU in American Life
Our readers may find the following event, featuring Opinio Juris‘ Deborah Pearlstein, of interest:
The New York Lawyer Chapter and Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Student Chapter of the American Constitution Society, and Floersheimer Center for Constitutional Democracy present:
- Adam Liptak, Supreme Court Correspondent, The New York Times
- Heather Mac Donald, John M. Olin Fellow, Manhattan Institute for Policy Research
- Theodore B. Olson, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP; Former United States Solicitor General
- Deborah Pearlstein, Assistant Professor of Law, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Anthony D. Romero, Executive Director, American Civil Liberties Union
- Steven R. Shapiro, Legal Director, American Civil Liberties Union; Lecturer-in-Law, Columbia Law School
- Jeffrey Brown, Senior Correspondent, PBS Newshour
Through litigation and public education, the ACLU is constantly engaged in national debate over issues such as national security, public safety, freedom of thought, civil rights, reproductive rights, academic freedom and same sex marriage. This highly accomplished panel will explore controversial topics that are signature issues for the ACLU and will be prominent this election year.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Jacob Burns Moot Court Room
55 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY
RSVPs are required to attend this event. Please email floersheimercenter [at] gmail [dot] com.
This event is free and open to the public.
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law students are not required to RSVP.