Weekday News Wrap: Monday, September 16, 2013
- UN chemical weapons inspectors have handed their report into an alleged gas attack in Syria to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
- Secretary Ban stated in a UN meeting that an expert team’s report will likely confirm the use of chemical weapons in the August 21 attack on Damascus.
- At PhD Studies in Human Rights, a post discusses Secretary Ban’s comments and the presumption of innocence.
- French President Francois Hollande called for a U.N. resolution on Syria backed by the threat of punitive action to be voted by the end of this week.
- The joint Kaesong industrial zone between North and South Korea has reopened, five months after it was closed by military tensions and threats of war.