Events and Announcements: September 15, 2013
Calls for Papers
- A call for papers has been issued for the 2014 Barcelona Workshop on Global Governance, happening January 9-10, 2014. The theme is Networks in Global Governance and the call is here.
- The Society of International Economic Law has posted a call for papers ahead of its Fourth Biennial Global Conference, to be held in Bern, Switzerland and hosted by the World Trade Institute (WTI) of the University of Bern, Switzerland on 10-12 July 2014. The Conference Theme will be Regulatory Challenges in International Economic Law: Convergence or Divergence? Paper, poster and panel proposals must be submitted by Monday 4th November by Noon GMT via email to siel14 [at] wti [dot] org.
- RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law review, is a student run, peer review online review, published bi-annually. We have issued a call for papers, which can be accessed on our website (rfmlawreview.org). Our review primarily focuses on South Asian, International and South East Asian laws. We are looking for articles (25 to 30,000 words), notes (8-10,000 words), reviews (10,000 words) and essays (5,000 words). The last date for submissions is the 15th of November. The review is published by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala, India. You can find out more on the website here.
- On September 20th, Fordham University Law School will host a symposium on the complex and shifting nature of citizenship rights in a post 9/11 world, which will address the following questions: How have the post 9/11 legal and policy battles affected the legal rights of citizens and non-citizens? How can we best understand the tensions between the state’s duty to protect its citizens and its desire to protect individual rights and liberties? Has the vigilance about terrorism weakened the protections associated with citizenship, particularly with respect to ethnic and religious minorities? One of the panelists is our own Peter Spiro. More information can be found here and you can register here.
- On September 27-28, 2013, the World Trade Institute will host World Trade Forum 2013. The theme is Trade Cooperation: The Purpose, Design and Effects of Preferential Trade Agreements and the program is here.
- On November 15, iCourts will host a conference on The Future Role of the European Court of Human Rights in Copenhagen. The program is here.
- ASIL’s Lieber Society on the Law of Armed Conflict has announced its call for the Richard R. Baxter Military Writing Prize (.pdf). Deadline for submission is December 31, 2012.
- The Lauterpacht Centre for International Law is currently accepting applications for the 2014 Brandon Research Fellowships. Details are here.
Last week’s events and announcements can be found here. If you would like to post an announcement on Opinio Juris, please contact us.