Weekday News Wrap: Monday, September 9, 2013
- Residents in northeast Nigeria say at least 13 vigilantes and five Boko Haram members have been killed after the group launched attacks on the town of Benisheik.
- Syrian President Bashar al-Assad denied that he was behind a chemical weapons attack on the Syrian people, as the White House pressed ahead with the effort of persuading Congress to approve a military strike to punish Assad.
- Over at Arms Control Blog, there is a contribution on Syria commenting on Peter’s recent post on OJ.
- US Secretary of State John Kerry has urged the European Union to postpone a planned ban on EU financial assistance to Israeli organizations in the occupied Palestinian territories.
- Former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi announced that he would file a petition with the European Court of Human Rights seeking to overturn his October 2012 tax fraud conviction.
- EJIL: Talk! has a post on last week’s Dutch Supreme Court ruling on Dutchbat’s acting unlawfully in Srebrenica.