08 Sep Events and Announcements: September 8, 2013
08.09.13 | 0 Comments
Calls for Papers
- A workshop on Sociological Inquiries into International Law will take place at the London School of Economics on May 16, 2014. The aim of this workshop is to help bring contemporary international law scholarship into a closer conversation with a number of inspiring and theoretically rich literatures on law and markets deriving from traditions of thinking within sociology and anthropology. Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be sent to Sungjoon Cho by November 1, 2013. More information can be found here.
- On 19 September 2013, at the T.M.C. Asser Instituut in The Hague, Professor James Crawford will give a lecture entitled Individual and Collective Responsibility of States for acts of International Organizations on the occasion of the publication of his new book State Responsibility. The General Part (Cambridge University Press 2013) as part of the SHARES/ESIL Lecture Series. More information can be found here. The event is free of charge, but you must register (e-mail shares-fdr [at] uva [dot] nl) to attend.
- The T.M.C. Asser Instituut is looking to appoint a full-time (38 hours per week) Senior Researcher in International and European Sports Law to join its dynamic and multinational research team. As an active member of this Sports Law team, the Senior Researcher will contribute to the acquisition, development and carrying out of (new) research projects and initiatives in close collaboration with the cluster coordinator. More information can be found here. Applications are due before October 15, 2013.
- The Board of Directors of the Council of American Students in International Negotiations (CASIN) is accepting applications for the position of Editor-in-Chief of Eyes on the International Criminal Court (Eyes), its flagship academic journal on the International Criminal Court. Junior faculty, postdoctoral fellows, PhD candidates, law school graduates, and advanced graduate students are especially encouraged to apply. Please note that this is a volunteer and virtual position. To apply, please submit a letter of interest, a resume/CV, 1 writing sample of approximately 15,000 words, and 3 references to publications [at] americanstudents [dot] us. In the subject line please include: Eyes EIC, [your last name]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the deadline is Monday, September 16, 2013. More information is here.
- A research position has recently become available as part of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) – British Red Cross cooperation to update the practice collection underpinning the ICRC’s study on customary IHL. The position is based at the Lauterpacht Centre for International Law at the University of Cambridge. More information can be found here.
Last week’s events and announcements can be found here. If you would like to post an announcement on Opinio Juris, please contact us.