Weekday News Wrap: Tuesday, August 13, 2013
- UK authorities announced that they are considering legal action against Spain to force the country to loosen border controls in Gibraltar.
- In response, a Spanish foreign minister said that Spain will not back down on implementing tighter controls at its border with the disputed British territory of Gibraltar, escalating the row between the two countries.
- U.S. hopes of landing a coveted deal worth more than $4 billion to sell 36 fighter jets to Brazil have suffered a setback with recent revelations that the United States collected data on Brazilian Internet communications.
- Reuters has an insight into the geopolitical landscape after the drawdown of American troops in Afghanistan and what that may mean for India-Pakistan relations.
- According to an Israeli military official, Israel shot down a rocket aimed at its southern resort city of Eilat, blowing it up in mid air near the border with Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula,