Weekday News Wrap: Tuesday, July 9, 2013
- China has banned its trawlers from fishing in waters off the eastern coast of North Korea, due to a dispute over fuel supplies.
- South Korea has “strongly” protested against a Japanese defense report for describing South Korea-controlled islets in the Sea of Japan as Japanese territory.
- Corruption has worsened in most Arab countries since their 2011 revolutions, even though anger with corrupt officials was a major reason for the uprisings, according to a public opinion poll released by Transparency International.
- Foreign Policy has an eyewitness account of the deadly rampage a few days ago in Cairo.
- The Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) filed an emergency petition with the US Supreme Court challenging the NSA’s telephone record surveillance program.