Weekday News Wrap: Monday, June 24, 2013
- Edward Snowden has left Hong Kong for Moscow, a first stop on his way to Ecuador via Cuba and Venezuela. The NYTimes’ blog reports that the final call to let Snowden leave was made by China.
- Israel has carried out air strikes in the Gaza strip after rockets were fired into Israel overnight.
- The Emir of Qatar is expected to announce today that he will step aside in favour of his son.
- The hearings in the Whaling case start this week at the ICJ. Australia’s Attorney-General is hopeful of a positive outcome for Australia.
- On the eve of talks with India, US Sectary of State Kerry has urged India to cooperate with the US on the negotiation of a new climate change treaty.