Weekday News Wrap: Thursday, June 20, 2013
- After a over a week of negotiations, Mali has reached a ceasefire agreement with the Tuareg rebels who have occupied the northern city of Kidal.
- The UK Supreme Court has held that sanctions imposed on the Iranian Bank Mellat are invalid because they were imposed through a secret court. The US Treasure Department has strongly criticized the decision.
- Britain’s attempt to include Hezbollah’s armed wing on the EU terror blacklist has for the second time failed to gain the required unanimity.
- The preliminary peace talks between the US and the Taleban are now unlikely to start today in Qatar.
- Singaporean officials have demanded “definitive action” by Indonesia over the hazardous transboundary air pollution caused by illegal forest fires in Sumatra.