13 Jun Weekday News Wrap: Thursday, June 13, 2013
13.06.13 | 0 Comments
- In an interview with the South China Morning Post, Edward Snowden has revealed that the US has engaged in hacking activities against Hong Kong and China.
- In a report released yesterday to mark World Day Against Child Labor, the ILO estimated that around 10 million children worldwide are working in domestic labour.
- Turkey’s crackdown in Taksim Square may not be without consequences for its membership negotiations with the EU.
- The NYTimes has an op-ed about the British government’s decision to compensate over 5000 Kenyans for the torture and abuse they suffered during the Mau Mau Rebellion in the 1950s.
- France has expressed its determination to include a cultural exception in the negotiations on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership. Meanwhile, cows and dairy products are seen as the biggest obstacle in the trade negotiations between the EU and Canada.