Weekday News Wrap: Tuesday, June 11, 2013
- The United States may decide early this week to provide armed assistance to Syrian rebels. Israel’s PM Netanyahu has made clear that Israel refuses to get involved in this discussion.
- Turkish riot police have moved into Taksim Square to remove anti-government protesters.
- A Kenyan court has imposed prison sentences of five years on nine Somali nationals accused of piracy in the Gulf of Aden.
- EU officials have been critical of Special Rapporteur Falk when he presented his report on Israel at the UNHRC in Geneva.
- As more revelations about the NSA’s surveillance are in the pipeline, Ed Snowden’s current whereabouts are unknown.
- Ethiopia is being advised to take Egypt to the ICJ to secure rights to dam the Nile.