Weekday News Wrap: Tuesday, May 28, 2013
- The African Union has accused the ICC of targeting Africans on the basis of race and it called for an end to prosecution of Kenya’s president and his deputy over crimes against humanity.
- Fighting rages on in Syria and more reports of the use of chemical weapons by Syria’s President Al-Assad have surfaced as well.
- The EU has lifted its arms embargo to the Syrian rebels, which paves the way for individual EU member states to supply the rebels with weapons.
- UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay spoke out against continued war crimes and crimes against humanity occurring in Syria at the opening of the spring session of the Human Rights Council.
- Chinese hackers have stolen the blueprints of a new multi-million-dollar Australian spy headquarters as part of a growing wave of cyber attacks against business and military targets.
- Amnesty International has released its 2013 Report on the State of the World’s Human Rights (.pdf).