Weekday News Wrap: Thursday, May 16, 2013
- The UN General Assembly has voted to pass a resolution condemning the Syrian government for human rights violations and call for a transitional government.
- International donors pledged 3.25 billion euros ($4.22 billion) to help Mali recover from a conflict with al Qaeda-linked Islamists.
- A suicide bomber in a car targeted two vehicles carrying foreign forces in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Three people were killed when the ceiling of a warehouse fell in at a shoe factory in Cambodia, adding to concerns about safety standards at Asian factories producing cheap clothing.
- Foreign Policy has a post about the geopolitics of Google’s autocomplete algorithm.