Weekday News Wrap: Tuesday, May 14, 2013
- UN Special Rapporteur Richard Falk urged Israel to stop construction of a highway that would cut off the local roads of Palestinian community Beit Safafa.
- A Swiss court is trying Belgians and Czechs in one of the biggest money laundering scandals dating back to central Europe’s post-communist privatization boom.
- Major U.S. retailers including Gap Inc. declined to endorse an accord on Bangladesh building and fire safety backed by Europe’s two biggest fashion chains (Sweden’s H&M and Spain’s Inditex SA).
- The US government reportedly secretly seized telephone records of reporters and offices belonging to Associated Press news agency for a two-month period last year.
- ASIL has a new Insight: The Indus Waters Kishenganga Arbitration (Pakistan v. India) (.pdf).