21 Apr Events and Announcements: April 21, 2013
21.04.13 | 0 Comments
Calls for Papers
- We have launched our own call for papers aimed at LL.M, Ph.D and S.J.D. students as well as those practitioners/academics within the first five years post-degree to participate in our New Voices symposium starting in July. The deadline for 200-word abstract submissions is May 1, 2013.
- ASIL is organizing a few lunch time events this week: on Tuesday its Government Attorneys Interest Group is organizing a seminar on Federal Executive Branch Ethics: Ethically Entering and Exiting Government for International Practitioners; on Thursday, Jess Bravin will discuss his book “The Terror Courts” in a seminar on Guantanamo Military Commissions: Lessons Learned and the Way Forward; and on Friday there will be a discussion on The Use of Force Against a Nuclear Threat from Iran: International Law and the Role of the UN.
- Also in Washington DC, the ABA International Law 2013 Spring Meeting will take place from April 23-27.
- ASIL’s International Legal Theory Interest Group and Pepperdine University School of Law are organizing a symposium at the ASIL Headquarters in Washington DC on May 2, 2013 entitled The Rise of Non-State Law. The programme and registation can be found here.
- The ERC project ‘MultiRights’, the ECRP project ‘International Law through the National Prism: the Impact of Judicial Dialogue’ and the Norwegian Centre of Excellence ‘PluriCourts’ are organising a conference on Transnational Judicial Dialogue in Oslo, Norway on June 21 and 22. The programme is here. Registration closes on May 15, 2013.
Last week’s post can be found here. If you would like to post an announcement on Opinio Juris, please contact us.