Events and Announcements: March 31, 2013
- On April 2, a book launch co-sponsored by the ICRC and hosted by Georgetown Law’s National Security Law Society will take place along with a discussion on the Relevance of International Humanitarian Law in the United States after the end of hostilities at Georgetown Law School. More information can be found here.
- The Forum for Economists International holds its next conference May 31–June 3, 2013, in Amsterdam. The submission and registration deadline for presenters is April 15, 2013. However, you may contact the organizers for late submissions.”Papers in all areas of economics – including finance, political sciences, transition economics, law & economics, management, natural resources, monetary issues, Asian economies, European Union, marketing, etc. – and in areas of related disciplines are eligible for presentation.”
- On March 29, 2013, Columbia Law School hosts the ASIL/NPIG-ASCL/YCC International and Comparative Junior Scholar Workshop.
Calls for Papers
- The Australian Human Rights Centre, Faculty of Law, University of New South Wales, in cooperation with the Fondazione Lelio e Lisli Basso ISSOCO, invites submissions for the Expert Seminar on Peoples’ Tribunals and International Law. The seminar will be held Sept. 27-28, 2013, in Rome. The deadline for has been extended to March 31, 2013.
- The First RMLNLU International Legal Essay Competition 2013 has been announced. The theme for this year’s competition is the law of outer space. The submission deadline is April 8, 2013.
- The Italian Society of International Law (SIDI-ISIL) has launched a new blog devoted to International Law and EU Law: SIDIBlog. From the description: “SIDIblog is a space for discussion and debate over current issues of Private International Law, Public International Law and European Union Law. All scholars and practicing lawyers having an interest in these topics are invited to participate through posts and comments. Posts are brief pieces (maximum 1500 words) that may discuss a relevant topic, present an innovative idea, or comment upon recent developments. They may be sent to the following e-mail address: sidiblog2013 [at] gmail.com.”
Last week’s post can be found here. If you would like to post an announcement on Opinio Juris, please contact us.