03 Feb Events and Announcements: February 3, 2013
03.02.13 | 0 Comments
Calls for Papers
- The American Branch of the International Law Association and the International Law Students Association (ILSA) have called for submissions for the International Law Weekend 2013 to be held in New York City on October 24-26. The overall theme is Internationalization of Law and Legal Practice, and its aim is to examine how and why an appreciation and knowledge of international law is an increasingly relevant and important professional tool for virtually every lawyer. Proposal should be submitted here on or before March 15, 2013.
- The International Journal of Transitional Justice invites submissions for its 2013 Special Issue titled ‘The role of international criminal justice in transitional justice,’ to be guest edited by Naomi Roht-Arriaza, Professor of Law at the University of California, Hastings College of Law. Submissions are due by March 1, 2013. More information is here.
- PhD Training School on Contemporary Challenges to International Criminal Law will be held at the Institute of International Relations in Prague, on 14-16 March 2013. The PhD Training School is organised within COST Action 1003: “International Law Between Constitutionalisation and Fragmentation: the role of law in the post-national constellation”. Applications should be e-mailed to Dr. Veronika Bílková by February 8, 2013. More information is here.
- The Irish Law Journal, a hybrid peer-reviewed student-edited journal, is now accepting submissions on Irish and international law for its second edition. If you have a paper that is exclusively tied to an American audience, then it will be of little interest to ILJ. But if you have an article touching on comparative law, public or private international law, or any other topic (including legal history) that may interest an Irish, European, or transnational audience, then it will be actively considered. The deadline for submissions is March 1. Submissions should be no more then 25,000 words in length.
- On February 22, 2013, the Southern Illinois University Law Journal is organizing a symposium on Guantanamo Bay: What’s Next?. Registration is here.
- On March 2, 2013 the International Legal Studies Program (ILSP) at Denver Law will host the Western Regional Conference of the American Branch of the International Law Association (ABILA). This year’s title is “International Law and Human Security in the 21st Century”. More information is here.
- On March 14-15, 2013, The Amsterdam Center for International Law will host a seminar entitled: Interfaces between International and National Legal Orders: An International Rule of Law Perspective. You can find the provisional program and the list of participants here.
- The early-bird discount for the 107th Annual Meeting of the American Society of International Law on April 3-6, 2013, in Washington, DC, has been extended until February 15, 2013. The theme is International Law in a Multipolar World. The program and registration are here.
Last week’s announcements can be found here. If you would like to post an announcement on Opinio Juris, please contact us.