Weekday News Wrap: Thursday, January 10, 2013
- Another day, another drone strike? Pakistani officials are reporting a second drone strike in as many days in North Waziristan, killing at least four.
- Ethnic violence has claimed almost twenty lives in South-East Kenya.
- A lavish ceremony has welcomed back the ARA Libertad to Argentina, after ITLOS ordered its release from seizure in Ghana.
- Syrian rebels have released 48 Iranian hostages in a prisoner exchange deal with the Syrian government.
- Vietnam has convicted 14 democracy campaigners to prison terms of up to 13 years, drawing international condemnation.
- The US State Department has warned the UK that the US would prefer the UK to remain a strong voice within the EU.
- Laos will become the WTO’s 158th Member on February 2, 2013.