Events and Announcements: December 23, 2012
- The ABA Section of International Law presents the 3rd Annual ”Live from L,” The Office of the Legal Adviser, U.S. Department of State Thursday, January 10th, 2013 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM US Eastern Time entitled: “International Lawyering for the U.S. Government in an Era of Smart Power: Emerging Issues for the Next Four Years.” More information and registration can be found by clicking here.
- The Oxford Brookes Law School is organising a workshop entitled Fundamental Rights in Europe: A Matter for Two Courts on 18 January 2013. More information can be found here.
- The Adelaide Law School presents Personal Property Security Law: Local and Global Perspectives on February 20-21, 2013.
- On April 5, 2013, the American University Washington College of Law will host the Inaugural Cherry Blossom Symposium on Intellectual Property and Federal Policy: Universal Access in the Digital Environment. The symposium will explore intersections between intellectual property and Federal disability rights policy. Abstract deadline is January 31, 2013. Abstracts should be submitted here or emailed to sflynn [at] wcl [dot] american [dot] edu.
- The International Max Planck Research School for Competition and Innovation and the Center for Law & Economics at ETH Zurich host the Fourth Workshop for Junior Researchers on the Law and Economics of Intellectual Property and Competition Law on June 10-12, 2013.
- Sciences Po Toulouse and the Research Committee on Sociology of Law of the International Sociological Association (ISA/RCSL) are holding a conference on September 3-6, 2013. The theme of the conference is Sociology of Law and Political Action.
- The American Bar Foundation (ABF) invites scholars to join the ABF’s intellectual community for the 2013-2014 academic year. National and international scholars on leave or sabbatical are encouraged to apply. More information can be found here.
Last week’s announcements can be found here. If you would like to post an announcement on Opinio Juris, please contact us. Happy Holidays to all of our readers!!