Upcoming Events: December 9, 2012
- The American Society of International Law’s Domestic Courts Interest Group is hosting its annual workshop December 10, 2012, at Duke University School of Law. More information can be found here.
- On December 18, at 5:30pm, the Center on the United States and Europe at Brookings will host the 9th Annual Raymond Aron Lecture, a talk on “The Internationalization of Law” by Collège de France Professor Emeritus Mireille Delmas-Marty. Following Dr. Delmas-Marty’s remarks, U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen G. Breyer will offer a response. Brookings President Strobe Talbott will provide introductory remarks and Brookings Senior Fellow and CUSE Director Fiona Hill will moderate the discussion. After the program, panelists will take audience questions.
- The 33rd meeting of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationales Recht will take place at the Universität Luzern, March 14-16, 2013.
Calls for Papers
- The Penn State Journal of Law & International Affairs (JLIA) announces a call for papers for an issue exploring the evolution and future of the field of international criminal justice on the tenth anniversary of the International Criminal Court. Papers should analyze topics at the intersection of law and international affairs, including the future of international criminal justice, the role of international criminal justice in international relations, the structural challenges facing the International Criminal Court and its ability to fulfill its mission in the coming decades, as well as other related topics. Submissions are due by January 28, 2013. More information can be found here.
- The British Branch of the International Law Association has issued a call for papers its 2013 spring conference with the theme: The Changing Face of Global Governance: International Institutions in the International Legal Order at the University of Oxford, April 12-13, 2013. More information can be found here. Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words; they should be submitted by 15 January 2013 to ila2013oxford (at) gmail (dot) com.
- The University of Wisconsin will host the second conference of the Creation of International Law Network, in 2014 with the theme of Exploring the International Law Components of Peace. A call for abstracts has been made. More information can be found here.
Last week’s announcements can be found here. If you are organizing a conference or other event and would like to see the call for papers or the program announced on Opinio Juris, please contact us.