02 Nov Weekday News Wrap: Friday, November 2, 2012
02.11.12 | 0 Comments
- An Israeli censor has allowed the publication of an interview with the commando who killed the PLO’s Abu Jihad in 1988.
- International human rights groups have welcomed China’s decision to introduce a new organ donation system that will no longer rely on organs of executed prisoners.
- Sri Lanka has been pressed at the UN to prosecute war crimes. Jurist highlights the International Commission of Jurists’ report about the abuses.
- Foreign Policy offers a piece detailing the dire situation facing Syrian refugees as winter approaches.
- The World Bank has pledged $80 million in loans to Burma for the first time in 25 years.
- Amnesty International has condemned what appears to be a summary execution of Syrian government soldiers by rebel fighters in an online video.