Weekday News Wrap: Tuesday, October 30, 2012
- International observers have criticized last weekend’s elections in Ukraine citing systematic problems in the political and electoral system.
- US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton is in Algeria, discussing how to tackle the growing presence of Islamist rebels in Northern Mali.
- Japan is seeking an exemption on US oil sanctions against Iran.
- Germany’s Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble tells the UK: “EU needs you.”
- Presseurope covers the latest turmoil in Europe as Strasbourg’s capital status has been called into question, with MEPs favoring a centralization of power only in Brussels.
- The UN Arab League’s envoy regrets that the truce in Syria was not successful.
- Tajikistan takes one step closer to membership of the WTO.