Weekday News Wrap: Monday, October 15, 2012
- A Human Rights Watch report outlines Syria’s recent use of cluster munitions in civilian areas, a potential war crime.
- Turkey has banned Syrian aircraft from its airspace as a show of its increasingly firm stance against President Al-Assad’s regime.
- The EU plans new major sanctions against the banking sector, industry and shipping in Iran.
- Iran said that the launch of a drone intro Israel by Iranian-backed Hezbollah was a sign of the Islamic Republic’s military capabilities.
- Colombia’s government and leaders of the FARC will sit down this week to try to establish peace through negotiations in Oslo, Norway.
- US Senator Lindsay Graham has called the September 11 attacks on the Libyan embassy “Exhibit A of a failed foreign policy“. Meanwhile, the US Ambassador in Tunisia has called on the Tunisian government to bring the attackers of last month’s attack on the embassy to justice.