Upcoming Events: July 22, 2012
Conferences & Events
- The University of Leiden will host a conference: International Humanitarian Assistance and International Law, January 24-25, 2013. The aim of the conference is to bring experts in the field of international humanitarian assistance together and to explore various fields of law relating to humanitarian assistance, like international humanitarian law, human rights law, international disaster response law, and other fields. The provisional program is here with a list of speakers here. Registration is not yet possible, but questions can be directed here.
- A few special announcements from the American Society of International Law can be found here, including a call for ASIL leadership and honors nominations.
Call for Papers
- One reminder of an upcoming deadline, the ASIL/IEcLIG has issued a call for papers for its biennial interest group conference, Reconceptualizing International Economic Law: Bridging the Public/Private Divide taking place November 29-December 1, 2012 in Washington, D.C. Abstracts are due July 30, 2012.
- For the above-mentioned conference at Leiden University, International Humanitarian Assistance and International Law, there is also a call for papers for both junior and senior researchers. Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be submitted before October 1, 2012.
- The University of Ghent has issued a call for abstracts up to 1,000 words for a book entitled: 35 Years of the Inter-American Court of Human Rights: Theory and Practice, Present and Future. Abstracts are due to be submitted by November 15, 2012.
Last week’s announcements can be found here. If you are organizing a conference or other event and would like to see the call for papers or the program announced on Opinio Juris, please contact us.