19 Jun Weekday News Wrap: June 19, 2012
19.06.12 | 0 Comments
- Eight Turkish soldiers have been killed in South East Turkey during clashes with Kurdish PKK militants from Iraq.
- Al-Qaeda has claimed responsibility for the killing of a senior military commander in Yemen.
- After receiving her Nobel Peace Price on Saturday, Aung San Suu Kyi picked up Amnesty International’s Ambassador of Conscience Award in Dublin on Monday.
- No case delays in Myanmar where 2 Muslim men have been sentenced to death for the rape and killing of a woman last month that led to sectarian violence.
- ICAO’s Secretary-General has announced that he expects to have a plan to deal with aviation greenhouse gas emissions by March 2013, rather than by the end of 2012 as originally planned.
- Mexico has been invited to join the negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement, while Canada has not yet made the cut.
- Presidents Obama and Putin issued a joint statement following their first meeting since Putin’s re-election.