Upcoming Events: May 27, 2012
Calls for Papers
- The University of Seville Faculty of Law and COST Action are hosting a conference in Sevilla, Spain, October 26-27, 2012 entitled: Standard of Review in International Courts and Tribunals Rethinking the Fragmentation and Constitutionalization of International Law. The call for papers can be found here. Abstract submissions of 250-500 words are due June 15.
- The AALS section on International Human Rights has issued a call for submissions for Human Rights in Times of Conflict: New Voices in Human Rights (Word document) for the 2013 AALS meeting, taking place January 4-7, 2013 in New Orleans, Louisiana. This opportunity is open to AALS members only, who are newcomers to the academy, AALS or to human rights, offering a chance to present new scholarship and receive commentary. Submissions must be in before September 4, 2012.
- The TMC Asser Institute will host Dr. Dieter Fleck for a lecture entitled: “New Perspectives on the Law of Non-International Armed Conflict” in its occasional Hague Initiative on the Law of Armed Conflict (HILAC) Lecture Series on May 30, 2012 in The Hague.
- The Grotius Centre for International Legal Studies at Leiden University is hosting a conference at the Peace Palace in The Hague entitled Jus-Post-Bellum: Mapping The Normative Foundations May 31-June 1, 2012. The conference program is found here.
- The Center for Law and Religion at St. John’s University and the Libera Università Maria SS Asunta (LUMSA) are hosting the 2012 Rome Conference on State Sponsored Religious Displays in the US and Europe in Rome, Italy, on June 22, 2012.
- The Faculty of Law of the University of Ljubljana is hosting the First Contemporary Challenges of International Environmental Law June 28-29, 2012 in Ljubljana, Slovenia. More information can be found here.
- Lexxion, the publisher of the European Food and Feed Law Review and the European Journal of Risk Regulation present the 4th Summer Academy on Global Food Law and Policy July 23-27, 2012 at Lake Como, Italy. The program can be found here and the registration form is here.
Last week’s announcements can be found here. If you are organizing a conference or other event and would like to see the call for papers or the program announced on Opinio Juris, please contact us.