26 Apr Events and Announcements: 25 April 2020
- TAU International Law Workshop: Tel-Aviv University is pleased to announce a Special Zoom COVID-19 Roundtable on “Global Health Governance, Sovereignty and Human Rights in the Shadow of COVID-19” on Monday, 27 April 2020, from 16:15 – 17:45 Tel-Aviv Time (UTC+03). Speakers will include: Sari Bashi, Human rights lawyer, co-founder of Gisha-Legal Center for Freedom of Movement; Aeyal Gross, TAU Buchmann Faculty of Law; Pedro Villarreal, Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law, Heidelberg; and Alicia Ely Yamin, Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology & Ethics, Harvard Law School. The workshop will be moderated by Eliav Lieblich, TAU Buchmann Faculty of Law, and Tamar Megiddo, University of Haifa Faculty of Law, TAU Buchmann Faculty of Law. Participants can join the Special Zoom COVID-19 Roundtable by going here. For more information on the Workshop, visit the Facebook page here.
The Law & Practice of International Courts and Tribunals (LPICT) now invites applications for the position of Book Review Editor
- The Law and Practice of International Courts & Tribunals (LPICT) is adding a book review section to its regular offerings of high-level scholarly articles and legal development columns. For this purpose, we are currently looking for a Book Review Editor with at least 3 years of post-PhD experience (or equivalent) and, preferably, with previous editorial expertise. Women and non-Western scholars are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The Book Review Editor will be asked to evaluate incoming book reviews, as well as to identify recently published titles suitable for review and suitable reviewers. The Book Review Editor will work closely with the co-Editors-in-Chief (Prof. Régis Bismuth and Prof. Freya Baetens) and be asked to make a commitment for a term of 3 years (renewable). The position is unpaid.
- Vacancy now open! Deadline: 31 May 2020.
- Interested candidates are kindly invited to send a motivation letter, CV and list of publications to the co-Editors-in-Chief (regis[dot]bismuth[at]sciencespo[dot]fr and freya[dot]baetens[at]jus[dot]uio[dot]no) by 31 May 2020 (with ‘LPICT Book Review Editor Application’ as email subject).
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the selection process in June 2020. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an online interview. The appointed Book Review Editor will be expected to start in July 2020.
UN Audiovisual Library
- The Codification Division of the UN Office of Legal Affairs recently added the following audio lectures to the AVL’s podcast channel: Ms. Ivana Hrdličková on “Special Tribunal for Lebanon – A Tribunal of Many Firsts” and Ms. Lavanya Rajamani on “The International Climate Change Regime: Evolution and Challenges“.
- The Audiovisual Library of International Law is available as a podcast on SoundCloud and can also be accessed through the preinstalled applications in Apple or Google devices, or through the podcast application of your preference by searching “Audiovisual Library of International Law”.
If you would like to post an announcement on Opinio Juris, please contact John Heieck at eventsandannouncements[at]gmail[dot]com with a one-paragraph description of your announcement along with hyperlinks to more information.