24 Jun Upcoming Events: June 24, 2012
- The Institute for Transnational Arbitration has announced its Second Annual Winter Forum, being held in Miami Florida and will take place January 24-25, 2013.
Calls for Papers
- The Australian Journal of International Law has issued a call for papers on international law with a submission deadline of June 30, 2012.
- In honor of the service of the registrar of the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, Adema Dieng, papers are being collected and are also due June 30, 2012.
- The University of Sydney is hosting a post-graduate conference on November 1-2, 2012 entitled Crossing Boundaries (Word document), open to post-grads in the Asia-Pacific region. Deadlines of abstract submission (no more than 250 words) is August 31, 2012 at 5:00 p.m.
- Transnational Dispute Management has issued a call for papers for a forthcoming (January 2013) special issue on Corruption and Arbitration. The deadline for submission is July 31, 2012.
- The Irish Yearbook of International Law has a call for papers for a special symposium issue regarding Climate Justice in International Law (Word document). Submission deadline is August 31, 2012.
- ASIL’s Lieber Society on the Law of Armed Conflict has announced its call for the Richard R. Baxter Military Writing Prize (Word document). Deadline for submission is December 31, 2012.
- The International Law Department of the US Naval War College has launched Stockton, a new LOAC/IHL e-Portal. It is designed to serve as a single point from which you may conduct most of your on-line research into LOAC issues. The e-portal contains links to commonly used websites useful for such research, and contains pdfs of frequently used treaties, military manuals and case law.
Last week’s announcements can be found here. If you are organizing a conference or other event and would like to see the call for papers or the program announced on Opinio Juris, please contact us.