13 May Upcoming Events: May 13, 2012
Last week’s announcements can be found here. If you are organizing a conference or other event and would like to see the call for papers or the program announced on Opinio Juris, please contact us.
Calls for Papers
- Tel Aviv University is hosting a conference entitled: Migration and Well-Being: Research Frontiers, to take place January 8-10, 2013. Up to 500-word abstract submissions must be in no later than May 15, 2012.
- Papers for panels on Intervention in Africa and R2P are being sought for next year’s International Studies Association Conference in San Francisco. Interested parties should e-mail the coordinator no later than May 21, 2012.
- The Minerva Centre and the ICRC are hosting a conference in Jerusalem December 3-4, 2012 entitled Conduct of Hostilities and Law Enforcement: A Contradiction in Terms? Abstracts of no more than two pages must be submitted before June 1, 2012.
- The International Economic Law Interest Group of the American Society for International Law has announced its 2012 biennial conference, Reconceptualizing International Economic Law: Bridging the Public/Private Divide, to take place November 29-December 1, 2012. Paper proposals of no more than 300 words should be submitted before July 30, 2012.
- The Goettingen Journal of International Law is hosting its annual Student Essay Competition; this year’s topic is the Interplay between International and National Law. Students can submit an essay up to 3,000 words no later than August 15, 2012.
- Middlesex University is offering a Minority Rights Summer Course taking place June 22-24, 2012. The registration form can be found here.
- Save the Date: The Journal of Private International Law’s 5th Annual Conference will take place in Madrid, Spain, September 12-13, 2013.
- The University of Queensland has a number of three-year Postdoctoral Research Fellowships beginning in 2013. Applications must be received by May 28, 2012.
- The University of Amsterdam’s Centre for International Law has a visiting fellowship open within their SHARES Project for a 3- to 6-month appointment. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.