08 Apr Upcoming Events – 8 April 2012
08.04.12 | 1 Comment
Opinio Juris is proud to bring you a new regular feature aggregating all calls for papers, conference and event announcements that we receive. If you are organizing a conference or other event and would like to see the call for papers or the program announced on Opinio Juris please contact us.
Calls for Papers
- Panel proposals for the International Law Weekend 2012, to be held on October 25-27, 2012, in New York City, are due April 13, 2012. More information can be found here.
- The Complexo Pedagogico, Universidade Eduardo Mondlane, Maputo, Mozambique is hosting a conference on international law in Africa, taking place October 5-6, 2012 entitled: The Quest for Human Security, Peace and Development: Challenges and Responses. The call is here and more information about the conference is found here. The deadline for 500-word abstract submissions is May 1, 2012.
- The Hague Academic Coalition has an upcoming conference entitled The Politics of Justice: From A Human Rights Revolution to Global Justice? taking place October 12-13, 2012 in The Hague, and has issued this call for abstracts of no more than 300 words dealing with the conferences select topics, found here, along with conference information. The deadline for abstract submission is May 15, 2012.
- The Australian and New Zealand Society of International Law and the Asian Society of International Law have issued a call for a joint conference in Sydney on “International Law and Justice,” happening October 25-26, 2012. Here’s the call; abstract submissions due May 30, 2012.
- The International Society of Military Sciences (ISMS) is hosting its Annual Conference 23-24 October 2012 in Kingston, Ontario. The general theme of the conference is: “Balancing domestic and international security requirement.” The call for papers is here, with 500-word abstracts due before June 15, 2012.
- The Melbourne Journal of International Law has issued a call for papers for their issue 13(2), to be published in November. The deadline for submission is July 2, 2012.
- Duke University School of Law’s Center for Law, Ethics and National Security is hosting a conference April 13-14, 2012 entitled: After Afghanistan: Where To From Here? Attendance is free, but you must register.
- Registration is now open for the Jus Post Bellum Project launch conference on May 31-June 1, 2012 at the Peace Palace in The Hague. If you like the program, make sure you fill in the online application to attend.
- Melbourne Law School is hosting The Passions of International Law, a symposium to be held September 14-15, 2012. There are a few places left, so scholars interested in presenting should send an e-mail to Kevin Jon Heller (email@example.com) by the end of April.
This is a great new feature!