06 Jun Events and Announcements: 6 June 2020
Call for Papers
Military Law and Law of War Review
- Edward Elgar Publishing is proud to announce an exciting new collaboration with the International Society for Military Law and the Law of War to publish The Military Law and the Law of War Review / Revue de Droit Militaire et de Droit de la Guerre (MLLWR).
- MLLWR is a long-established journal with a rich history of specialisation in matters of interest for both legal scholars and civilian and military legal advisors. It features original and challenging articles, case notes, commentaries of the latest legal developments, as well as book reviews.
- For its coming issues (Vol 58 – 1 and 2) – the first to be published pursuant to a new partnership agreement with Edward Elgar Publishing – the Review’s editorial board welcomes submissions that come within the broader scope of the Review, including military law, law of armed conflict, law on the use of force, as well as international criminal law and human rights law (inasmuch as related to situations of armed conflict).
- The deadline for submission is 1 July 2020. Submissions should be sent to mllwr [at] ismllw [dot] org and will be subject to double-blind peer review.
- Articles should normally not be longer than 15,000 words (footnotes included), although longer pieces may exceptionally be considered.
- Inquiries as to whether a possible submission comes within the scope of the Review can be sent to the above mentioned email address.
- This first Elgar issue will be launched in print and online in Autumn 2020.
UN Audiovisual Library
- The Codification Division of the UN Office of Legal Affairs recently added the following audio lectures in Spanish to the AVL’s podcast: Mr. Manuel Rama Montaldo on “Aspectos conceptuales e históricos del proceso de codificación y de desarrollo progresivo del derecho internacional en la Naciones Unidas, con especial referencia a la labor de la Comisión de Derecho Internacional (Parte I,Parte II)” and Ms. Concepción Escobar Hernández on “El Tribunal Europeo de Derechos Humanos”.
- The Audiovisual Library of International Law is available as a podcast on SoundCloud and can also be accessed through the preinstalled applications in Apple or Google devices, or through the podcast application of your preference by searching “Audiovisual Library of International Law”.
If you would like to post an announcement on Opinio Juris, please contact John Heieck at eventsandannouncements [at] gmail [dot] com with a one-paragraph description of your announcement along with hyperlinks to more information.