Foreign Policy Implications of Mid-Term Elections
So how will the mid-term elections affect international relations? Here are my predictions of ten things to look for in the next two years:
1. House investigations on the war in Iraq.
2. House spending limits on the war in Iraq.
3. Cabinet level changes.
4. Democratic infighting about the road ahead in Iraq.
5. Trade Promotion Authority is not renewed.
6. Doha is signed in June 2007, on eve of TPA expiration.
7. Sharp congressional confrontation on executive power.
8. Stevens retires, and Bush appoints successful moderate conservative.
9. Democratic presidential candidates run hawkish.
10. Republican presidential candidates distance themselves from Bush.