03 Jun Upcoming Events: June 2, 2012
Calls for Papers
- The 2012 Critical Legal Conference takes place in Stockholm between September 14-16, 2012. Paper proposals on International Law, Genocide and Imperialism: The Colonial Origins of Human Rights? are due on 15 June 2012.
- The American Society of International Law has issued a call for papers for its 107th Annual Meeting in April 2013. Proposals need to be submitted online by June 22, 2012.
- The Hague Institute for the Internationalisation of Law (HiiL) and the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities and Social Sciences (NIAS) are organizing a seminar on June 20-22, 2012 in Wassenaar, The Netherlands on Collective Redress in the Cross-Border Context: Arbitration, Litigation, Settlement and Beyond.
- The Center for Law and Religion at St. John’s School of Law and the Department of Law at the Libera Università Maria SS. Assunta (LUMSA) are pleased to present an academic conference on State-Sponsored Religious Displays in the U.S. and Europe. Taking place on Friday, June 22, 2012, the conference will bring together American and European law and religion scholars to discuss state-sponsored religious displays from a variety of perspectives. The conference proceedings will be in English and Italian with simultaneous translation. Selected papers will appear in a forthcoming issue of the Journal of Catholic Legal Studies.
- Early-bird registration for the 20th Annual Conference of the Australian and New Zealand Society of International law, from July 5-7, 2012 in Wellington, New Zealand closes on June 7. More information is here.
- From January 13-19, 2013, The Hague Academy of International Law is organizing an Seminar for Advanced Studies in Private and Public international Law for Professionals on Les immunités en droit international public et privé. All lectures are in French and take place in The Hague. Applications close on 31 August 2012.
Last week’s announcements can be found here. If you are organizing a conference or other event and would like to see the call for papers or the program announced on Opinio Juris, please contact us.