06 May Upcoming Events: May 6, 2012
Last week’s announcements can be found here. If you are organizing a conference or other event and would like to see the call for papers or the program announced on Opinio Juris, please contact us.
Calls for Papers
- Applications for the Helsinki Summer Seminar on International Law (August 21-30, 2012 ) on International Law and Capitalism: Exploring the Legal Architecture of the Global Political Economy close on May 11, 2012.
- The ABA’s International Law Section has issued two calls for papers for International Law News. The Fall issue is on Information Privacy and Security (including Wiki law), and submissions are due on June 27, 2012. Submissions for the Winter Issue on International Anti-Bribery Compliance and Investigation are due on October 22, 2012.
- On May 10, 2012, Professor Trevor Hartley, Professor of Law Emeritus at the London School of Economics will deliver the Second Annual ICLQ lecture on the Assignment of Contractual Claims under the Rome I Regulation: Choice of Law for Third-Party Rights at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law.
- On May 14-15, 2012, the European University Institute is organizing a conference on Global Europe? / The New Generation of EU Preferential Trade Agreements
- On May 31, 2012, the DC Bar is organizing a seminar on the new US Model Bilateral Investment Treaty.
The International Bar Association is looking for one intern at its Human Rights Institute in London, between 2 July and 28 September 2012. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Other internships are also available later in the year.