22 Apr Upcoming Events: April 22, 2012
This is our third installment of this new feature, last week’s announcements can be found here. If you are organizing a conference or other event and would like to see the call for papers or the program announced on Opinio Juris please contact us.
Calls for Papers
- The Helsinki Summer Seminar on International Law is planned for August 21-30, 2012 in Helsinki, Finland. The theme is International Law and Capitalism: Exploring the Legal Architecture of the Global Political Economy and applications close on May 11, 2012.
- HEC Paris is organizing its 2nd Workshop on Regulation entitled Regulating Lifestyle Risks in Europe: The Case of Alcohol, Tobacco and Unhealthy Diets on September 27-28, 2012. Abstracts between 300-500 words are due by May 22, 2012.
- Transnational Dispute Management is calling for papers for a special issue on Aligning Human Rights and Investment Protection. Deadline is June 1, 2012.
- Charles R. Majinge at LSE is collecting papers for a Liber Amicorum for Adama Dieng, ICTR Registrar. The deadline is June 30, 2012.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students can send in papers of maximum 35 pages for the Ronald St. John MacDonald Award awarded by the Canadian Council on International Law. Deadline is July 15, 2012.
- The publication of Targeted Killings: Law and Morality in an Asymmetrical World will be celebrated with a cocktail reception at the University of Pennsylvania Law School on April 30, 2012 at 5.30pm. Rear Admiral John Hutson, Dean Emeritus of the University of New Hampshire Law School, will deliver the keynote address. You can RSVP here. For more information, contact MKeegan@law.upenn.edu.
- The Hague Institute for the Internationalisation of Law (HiiL), the International University College of Turin (IUC) and the Collegio Carlo Alberto are holding a conference on Transnational Societal Constitutionalism on May 17-19, 2012 in Turin, Italy.
- On May 25, 2012, the Centre for the Law of EU External Relations (CLEER), Netherlands Defence Academy and the T.M.C. Asser Instituut are organizing a workshop in The Hague on Human Rights and EU Crisis Management Operations: A Duty to Respect and to Protect?
- The US Naval War College is holding a Conference on Cyber War and International Law on June 25-27, 2012 in Newport, Rhode Island. Registration closes on June 6, 2012.
- The Australia and New Zealand Society of International Law (ANZSIL)’s 20th Annual Meeting will take place in Wellington, New Zealand from July 5-7, 2012. The theme of the conference is “International Law in the Next Two Decades: Form or Substance?”. Registration closes on June 7.
- The Society of International Economic Law’s Biennial Global Conference will take place in Singapore from July 12-14, 2012.
- The European Society of International Law is organizing its 5th General Conference in Valencia, Spain, on September 13-15, 2012. Early-bird registration closes next week, on April 30.