19 Jul Events and Announcements: 18 July 2020
Book Launch Event on 23 July 2020
Existing Legal Limits to Security Council Veto Power in the Face of Atrocity Crimes (Cambridge University Press 2020), co-sponsored by the American Society of International Law International Criminal Law Interest Group and the American Branch of the International Law Association United Nations Committee.
Join leading experts in the field discuss Professor Jennifer Trahan’s new book, which examines the legality of the use by a permanent member of the UN Security Council of its veto while there is ongoing genocide, crimes against humanity, or war crimes.
Date and Time: Thursday, July 23, 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. EST (zoom link below).
- Jennifer Trahan, Clinical Professor and Director of the Concentration in International Law and Human Rights, NYU, Center for Global Affairs.
- Richard Goldstone, founding Prosecutor, International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia and International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda.
- Beth Van Schaack, Leah Kaplan Visiting Professor of Human Rights, Stanford Law School.
- Michael Scharf, Co-Dean and Joseph C. Hostetler – BakerHostetler Professor Of Law, Case Western Reserve School of Law.
- Moderator: Milena Sterio, Charles R. Emrick Jr.-Cafee Halter & Griswold Professor of Law; Director, Domestic and International LL.M. Program, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law.
Book Launch Information:
- Time: Jul 23, 2020 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- Zoom Meeting Link: Go here.
- Meeting ID: 979 1692 3543
- Dial by your location:
- +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- Find your local number here.
If you would like to post an announcement on Opinio Juris, please contact John Heieck at eventsandannouncements[at]gmail[dot]com with a one-paragraph description of your announcement along with hyperlinks to more information.